Goal: To provide the leadership and systems for the sourcing and purchasing of goods and services to support growth, profit and competitive position.
Directly reports to: Vice President of Operations
Duties, Responsibilities, & Expectations:
- Possesses working knowledge of the metal fabrication industry including familiarity with material grades, sizes, and stock lengths, and has an understanding of schedules and commitments for all active jobs.
- Establishes programs that analyze purchase requirements and suppliers to maintain supply continuity factoring lowest total cost, delivery schedule and overall quality.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, supplies and services from approved suppliers / vendors.
- Responsible for tracking all purchases.
- Responsible for purchase orders to show cost for all items listed.
- Negotiates supplier agreements and/or contracts for projects.
- Responsible for supplier development.
- Investigates and monitors market trends and informs all necessary departments as required.
- Processes information on material requisitions and designates a P.O. to all orders and services.
- Proficient in computer software programs relative to the position including QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Maintains all files (electronic and hard copy) in a systematic, orderly manner.
- Has the aptitude to interpret, take-off, and compile information on a drawing or sketch as required.
- Becomes familiar with shop supplies and equipment maintenance items.
- Responsible for inputting purchased materials for jobs into correct job costing.
- Work with Finance Department on any invoice issues or concerns.
- Meet with vendors to build and maintain working business relationships.
- Attend trainings and/or seminars at least once a year to continue education.
- Responsible for identifying and developing ideas and work methods for improving the overall Purchasing Department.
- Responsible for supervision of Purchasing Assistant(s)
Code of Conduct:
- Attendance & Punctuality: Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Analytical & Problem Solving: Collects, researches, and analyzes data, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, develops alternative solutions and participates in group problem solving.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting and keeps emotions under control.
- Oral & Written Communication: Speaks knowledgeably about the industry, listens to get clarification and demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings, writes clearly, informatively, and professionally presents numerical data effectively. Able to read, understand, and apply written information in agreements, contracts, and/or job specifications.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly, and supports MIW goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure and approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status and position and follows through on commitments.
As a dynamic company serving a global market, Moran Iron Works is always on the lookout for knowledgeable, highly skilled, professional people who share our passion for quality.
We are a drug free, Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to providing equal opportunity for the participation of all qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factor, the consideration of which is prohibited by law.
Moran Iron Works values people as individuals, not as “workers” or “staff.” We create goals and plans for professional and personal growth, recognizing that not everyone is the same…and there’s greatness in differences. We believe our company’s success is a direct result of our passion for doing great work and taking on the responsibility and accountability to do what it takes to have our customers be more than satisfied with their projects.
When clients choose to work with us, they know they’re getting the professionalism, experience, knowledge, and skill that Moran Iron Works is known for. Simply stated, we’re a close-knit group of Passionate People @ Peak Performance.