Goal: To safely set up general welding equipment, run weld procedures, and operate all standard shop tools.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Expectations:
- To work as a member of a team working to accomplish goals set forth through project specific objectives.
- Responsible for participating in all required safety meetings (i.e. monthly, MSHA, Contractor’s meetings, etc.) and being able to apply those concepts when necessary when working in the shop and in the field. Helping other co-workers work in a safe manner.
- Is able to safely operate all standard shop equipment and tools (i.e. overhead cranes, grinders, press brakes, shears, geka, etc.)
- Is able to set up a welding machine.
- Follows all in-house quality procedures for in-process and final inspections.
- Responsible for helping keep the shop areas they are working in clean. At the end of the day, the last 15 minutes is dedicated to picking up and putting away tools in the Tool Crib and sweeping the floors.
Code of Conduct:
- Attendance & Punctuality: Arrives to work at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their scheduled shift. Is punctual when attending meetings when required. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Adaptability: Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or events that may modify the tasks or scope of work for one or more projects as directed.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Quality—Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Complies with our internal in-process and final inspection processes.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status and position; Follows through on commitments.